Since opening week started on a
Thursday Wednesday, this is an extra long week in review.
- The defending champs opened up the new season by beating a team with flashy new uniforms, a new name, and a new stadium with this thing in it.
- Ozzie Guillen opened his mouth and made me look very smart.
- David Freese had a pretty good week. He’s probably wearing the same jock (unwashed, obviously) he wore in October. (stats may have changed)
- New York and Boston started off the season with a bang.
- Freddy Garcia got a little wild against the Orioles.
- This happened. To say he has a cannon may be an understatement.
- Stephen Strasburg has a secret admirer.
- Jacoby Ellsbury gets hurt again. Looks like he’ll be good every other year. Plan accordingly.
- The Reds and Nationals went to extra inning 3 games in a row. It looked like the Reds might be swept but their savior, Votto, finally was allowed to hit.
- And, finally, this video honoring a player who changed the world of MLB.
Enjoyed the first week plus of the season. And we all know the first game counts as much as the last.